Vista Entertainment Solutions Limited offers cinema management software designed and developed specifically for the small circuit market known as Veezi (“Veezi” "we" or "us" or “our”). We are based at Level 3, 60 Khyber Pass Road, Newton, Auckland 1023, New Zealand, are responsible for your personal information and take our data protection and privacy responsibilities seriously.
Third Party Websites
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
The personal information we collect and when and why we use it
We collect information from you when you register on our site, register for a free trial of Veezi, subscribe to the Veezi service, subscribe to our newsletter or other forms of marketing communications, apply for a job with us, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as your employer, public databases or social media networks.
You own Your Data
Veezi is a cinema ticketing and concession sales system which stores information about a company or individual (Organisation) as provided or entered by that company or individual. Veezi will store information that is entered by you, or automatically imported on your instruction. The data entered, or imported on instruction, by you remains your property and Veezi will not use nor make available for use any of this information without your permission. However, if you download, install or use the Veezi software you will be bound by Veezi's standard terms and conditions. You grant VISTA a licence to access, collect, compile and use your data for VISTA and its customers own purposes provided that such data excludes any personally identifiable data, or information that identifies you, your cinema or your business ("Anonymous Data")
You control who has access to Your Data
The data entered, or imported on instruction, by you is stored securely in a database and is only accessible to any person you have authorized to use the service. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe. Veezi and Veezi's staff do not have access to your password. Veezi support staff does have access to your Veezi account and database - solely for the purpose of providing you with customer service related to your account or for the purpose of accessing, collecting, compiling and using anonymous data for Vista and its customers own purposes in accordance with the licence granted by you under Veezi's standard terms and conditions.
How we use your information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs. Other than information you choose to provide us, we do not collect information about your precise location. Your device’s IP address may help us determine an approximate location to ensure content made available to you through our website, Services or marketing channels is relevant to the city or country you are using your device in.
To improve our website and Services - we continually strive to improve our website offerings and Services based on the information and feedback we receive from you. Should you require assistance from our support staff in relation to issues with our website, Services, your account etc., we may require your personal details in order to address the issue, such as your user name and user ID.
To improve customer service - your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
To process transactions - Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
To contact you – We may collect your title, name, email address, phone number and address. We use this information to operate, maintain and provide the Services to you, and to communicate with you. We may send periodic emails to the email address you provide for your subscription, such emails will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your subscription. We may collect your preferences set for notifications, marketing communications and how our website is displayed. We use this information to provide notifications, send news, alerts and marketing communications and provide our Services in accordance with your choices and also to ensure that we comply with our legal obligation to send only those marketing communications to which you have consented. Please note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. Please also see the section How you can manage your marketing preferences below.
Legal basis for using your personal information
We will only collect, use and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this (namely, that the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests and/or for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject). This is because:
- we need to use your personal information to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you;
- we need to use your personal information for our legitimate interest as a commercial organisation. For example, we may use your email address to send you invites or inform you of events that we host globally for example our biennial customer conference or trade show meetings. In all such cases, we will look after your information always in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy rights and you have a right to object to processing as explained in the Legal Rights section below;
- we need to use your personal information to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have; or
- we have your consent to using your personal information for a particular activity.
If you would like to find out more about the legal basis for which we process personal information, please contact us.
How we protect and store your information
We implement and maintain a variety of appropriate technical and organizational security measures, policies and procedures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you subscribe or enter, submit, or access your personal or business information.
Your Data is sent securely across the internet
Veezi's servers have SSL Certificates issued by a leading certificate authority Digicert, so all Data transferred between users and the Service is encrypted. However, the internet is not in itself a secure environment. Users should only enter, or instruct the importation of, Data to the database within a secure environment. This means that your browser must support the encryption security used in connection with the Service.
Veezi stores your data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, in the location Veezi considers will give you the most efficient access from wherever in the world you may be. Access and storage controls via the service are however administered by Veezi in New Zealand (a white listed country for GDPR purposes) as the custodian of that data. Where you access or input data from somewhere other than the country where the data is stored or to be stored, you consent to that data being transferred from one country to the other (including via any intermediate country) as a function of transmission across the internet.
Where your information is no longer needed, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner within 20 business days. In some circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time, for instance: where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, accounting requirements; so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges; or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal information or dealings.
Veezi does not store your credit card details
When you choose to pay for the Service by credit card, your credit card details are not stored by the service and cannot be accessed by Veezi staff. Your credit card details are encrypted and securely stored by Payment Express to enable Veezi to automatically bill your credit card on a recurring basis.
Your browser stores no information that will identify you or your Organisation
The service utilises "cookies" and other technical measures that enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the site. A cookie does not identify you personally or contain any other information about you or Your Organisation, but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
A cookie is a small text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to / stored on your computer (or other internet enabled devices, such as a smartphone or tablet) when you visit a website.
Disclosure of information to outside parties
We share your personal information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and use any personal information we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us. These include IT service providers who help manage our IT and back office systems;
- we may release your personal information to government organisations and agencies, law enforcement, regulators, when we believe release is appropriate to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies.
- with other companies within our group, where such disclosure is necessary to provide you with our products and services or to manage our business. Click here for a list of the other companies within our group companies;
- non-personal information may be provided to other parties in aggregate statistical form for website usage with our marketing and advertising partners, or other uses; and
- if, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we may disclose information to a potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets.
How we use personal information to keep you up to date with our products and services
We may use personal information to let you know about our products and services that we believe will be of interest to you. We may contact you by email, post, or telephone or through other communication channels that we think you may find helpful. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activity with you.
How you can manage your marketing preferences
To protect privacy rights and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing with you:
- we will take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you;
- you can ask us to stop direct marketing at any time ‑ you can ask us to stop sending email marketing, by following the "unsubscribe" link you will find on all the email marketing messages we send you. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify whether you would like us to stop all forms of marketing or just a particular type (e.g. email); and
We recommend you routinely review the privacy policies and preference settings that are available to you on any social media platforms as well as your preferences within your account with us.
When and how we undertake profiling and analytics
We use performance cookies like Google Analytics to recognise and count the number of visitors/users of our website and to see how such visitors/users move around our website when they are using it.
Transferring personal information globally
We operate on a global basis. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred and stored in countries outside the EU, including New Zealand and the United States of America, that are subject to different standards of data protection.
We will take appropriate steps ensure that transfers of personal information are in accordance with applicable law and carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests and transfers are limited to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangement are in place to protect your privacy rights. To this end:
- we ensure transfers within our group of companies will be covered by an agreement entered into by members of our group of companies (an intra‑group agreement) which contractually obliges each member to ensure that personal information receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred within our group of companies;
- where we transfer your personal information outside our group of companies or to third parties who help provide our products and services, we obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your personal information. Some of these assurances are well recognized certification schemes like the EU ‑ US Privacy Shield for the protection of personal information transferred from within the EU to the United States; or
- where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any personal information are disclosed.
You have a right to contact us for more information about the safeguards we have put in place (including a copy of relevant contractual commitments) to ensure the adequate protection of your personal information when this is transferred as mentioned above.
Legal rights available to help manage your privacy
Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking and where your personal information originates from, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information. If you are resident in the European Economic Area, under European law you have the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- Access personal information
- Rectify / erase personal information
- Restrict the processing of your personal information
- Transfer your personal information
- Object to the processing of personal information
- Object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes
- Obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction
- Lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
If you wish to access any of the above rights, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, in particular before disclosing personal information to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
Residents in other jurisdictions may also have similar rights to the above. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to exercise one of these rights, and we will comply with any request to the extent required under applicable law.
Right to access personal information
You have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold and you have the right to be informed of; (a) the source of your personal information; (b) the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal information may be transferred.
Right to rectify or erase personal information
You have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the personal information before rectifying it.
You can also request that we erase your personal information in limited circumstances where:
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
- following a successful right to object (see right to object); or
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- to comply with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
Right to restrict the processing of your personal information
You can ask us to restrict your personal information, but only where:
- its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to transfer your personal information
You can ask us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine‑readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller, but in each case only where:
- the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to object to the processing of your personal information
You can object to any processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests.
If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
Right to object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes
You can request that we change the manner in which we contact you for marketing purposes.
You can request that we do not transfer your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes.
Right to obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction
You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the European Union.
We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms.
Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information.
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing our data protection obligations to you as your data processor and the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website and the Veezi service.
c/o Vista Entertainment Solutions Limited
Level 3, 60 Khyber Pass Rd
Newton, Auckland 1023
PO Box 8279, Symonds St
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this privacy notice, the information we hold about you or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact email@example.com. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and make every reasonable effort to honour your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and in any event, within the timescales provided by data protection laws.
To contact your data protection supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e. your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before your local supervisory authority.