Terms & Conditions
LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR VEEZI SOFTWARE
IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY:
This Agreement is a legal agreement between the USER and Vista Entertainment Solutions Limited ("VISTA") a duly incorporated company in New Zealand. By checking a box indicating your acceptance or otherwise accessing and using the Software the USER agrees that it accepts and will be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and that this Agreement shall remain in effect until terminated. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT ACCESS AND USE THE SOFTWARE.
1. SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
- This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions under which VISTA licenses the USER to use the Veezi Computer Software and databases storing data generated by the software ("Software"), including any Updates to which the USER is entitled (as defined in clause 6(c) of this Agreement) and the supporting documentation supplied with the Software ("Documentation").
- This Agreement may be varied by VISTA at any time, effective upon the posting of the modified terms on the Veezi Website (www.veezi.com) or otherwise providing written notice to you. By continuing to access and use the Software from the date on which the Agreement is updated, the USER agrees to be bound by the updated Agreement.
“Additional Modules” – means the additional software modules and services that a USER may subscribe to in conjunction with its subscription to the Veezi Software via the Veezi Back Office.
"Date of Supply" - means the date that the USER first accesses the Software.
“Third Party Additional Modules” – means Additional Modules owned or licensed by a third party and offered or provided to Veezi exhibitors via the Veezi Back Office.
“VISTA Additional Modules” – means Additional Modules owned or licensed by VISTA and offered or provided to Veezi exhibitors via the Veezi Back Office.
- Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, and in consideration of the timely payment of the License Fees VISTA grants to the USER a limited, personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to use and display the Software, use the Documentation and provide access to use the Software (under the terms of this Agreement) to its employees, agents and contractors for the USER's internal business uses for the Term.
- The USER shall not make the Software available to and agrees not to permit any other person or entity to use the Software on a timesharing, sublicensed or other basis.
- License Fee - A Monthly License Fee ("MLF") is payable monthly in arrears based on the number of admissions processed by the USER using the Software. This is a variable fee as detailed in all pricing pages relating to the Software.
- The MLF will be invoiced to the USER and charged to the USER’s credit card at the end of each calendar month.
- Payment of the MLF must be made at the end of each month for that month’s usage.
- The USER agrees that VISTA may suspend or terminate the USER’s access to the Software where the USER fails to make payment of any fees payable by the USER to VISTA pursuant to this Agreement on the due date.
- Access conditions - access to the Software and Vista issues system ("Services") are subject to the following conditions:
- USER must ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access the Services are kept secure and confidential. Any unauthorized use or breach of security must immediately upon it coming to USER's notice be advised to VISTA. VISTA may take all steps and actions it reasonably deems necessary to maintain the security of the Services and USER's access to them.
- USER must not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of VISTA's, or any third party systems/networks hosting the Services, computing systems/networks.
- USER must not do anything when using the Services that may impair the functionality of the Services or systems used to deliver the Services.
- USER must not attempt to gain access to materials other than those the USER has been given express permission to access within the Services or on the systems on which the Services are hosted.
- USER must not transmit or input to the Services any content or files that may be offensive, in violation of any law, in breach of copyright or trade secret, or which may damage any other computing devices or software.
4. ADDITIONAL MODULES
- In connection with the USER’s use of the Software, the USER may subscribe to Additional Modules by checking the appropriate box in the Veezi Back Office indicating:
- in the case of Third Party Additional Modules, the USER’s consent to VISTA integrating the USER to such Third Party Additional Module;
- in the case of VISTA Additional Modules, the USER’s acceptance of any additional or modified terms which relate to the use of such VISTA Additional Module (“VISTA Additional Module Specific Terms”).
- The USER agrees that Third Party Additional Modules will not form part of the “Software” and will not be licensed to the USER in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. Third Party Additional Modules will be subject to any terms and conditions entered into between the USER and the relevant Third Party (“Third Party T&Cs”). VISTA will have no liability to the USER in relation to its subscription to any Third Party Additional Modules.
- The USER agrees that VISTA Additional Modules will form part of the “Software” and be licensed to the USER in accordance with the terms of this Agreement as supplemented or modified by any VISTA Additional Module Specific Terms.
- The USER may terminate its access to all or any of the Additional Modules at any time by un-checking the appropriate box in the Veezi Back Office provided that the USER complies with any termination obligations relating to it in the relevant Third Party T&Cs or VISTA Additional Module Specific Terms. The USER’s access to or use of all or any Additional Modules may be terminated or suspended in conjunction with the termination or suspension of the USER’s access to or use of the Software in accordance with this Agreement.
5. VISTA'S RIGHTS
VISTA represents and warrants that it has all rights necessary in order to grant the license rights in the Software and the Documentation granted to USER hereunder. VISTA is acting as a principal and not as an agent for any affiliated or related entity of VISTA in granting this license.
6. SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE
- VISTA shall provide the USER with the support and maintenance for the Software as described in this clause 6, during the Term of the Agreement.
- Assistance: VISTA shall provide the USER with access to the VISTA issues system (internet based access) to log issues and faults with the Software. VISTA will attend to these logged issues on a prioritized basis during VISTA's normal business hours Mondays to Fridays (excluding public holidays).
- Updates: VISTA shall from time to time make available to the USER amended versions, releases, updates, bug fixes and error correction (as contemplated by clause 6(d) below) and other modifications to the Software which are generally made available by VISTA for access by VISTA’s customers (collectively, "Updates").
- Error Correction:
- VISTA will use reasonable endeavours to correct Software faults through Updates. Software faults shall be defined as a function(s) of an item of the Software not operating in accordance with the warranties in clause 9 of this Agreement.
- VISTA shall only be required to correct Software faults:
- which are not attributable to malfunction of equipment or software other than the Software supplied by VISTA;
- which are not attributable to incorrect use of the Software by the USER;
- which are not attributable to attempts by the USER to correct Software faults without prior consultation with VISTA; and
- which, when requested by VISTA, are reported in writing by the USER to VISTA with full information and fully documented examples of the reported faults.
- VISTA will at its own option either advise the USER as to the correction or avoidance of the Software faults, or make available to the USER appropriate Updates in a timely manner.
- General Obligations:
- The USER shall provide VISTA with access to all necessary information facilities of the USER as reasonably required for the performance of VISTA's obligations under this Agreement. The access required at a minimum is, access to the USER Location via the internet.
- VISTA warrants that it will use reasonable endeavours to perform its obligations hereunder.
- All Updates made accessible by VISTA to the USER shall be deemed a part of the Software licensed to USER pursuant to this Agreement.
- The fees payable by the USER to VISTA hereunder do not include any amount payable for attendance at the USER's premises or the provision of new Software amendments other than Updates. VISTA shall have no responsibility for Software faults or any obligation to provide error correction, maintenance enhancements or support services except in accordance with this Agreement. Any such services which may be requested by the USER in writing and provided by VISTA (including services in connection with a report by the USER of a claimed Software fault which is not a Software fault or which does not qualify for the correction in accordance with this Agreement (including this Exhibit)) shall be chargeable to the USER at VISTA's rate established at the time such services are given, together with all expenses incurred by VISTA in providing such services, and shall be provided on VISTA's general conditions for the provision of computing services current from time to time.
7. USER'S WARRANTY
The USER warrants that it has not relied on any representation made by VISTA, or any other party on behalf of VISTA, which has not been stated expressly in this Agreement.
8. CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
The USER acknowledges that the Software and Documentation are acquired for the purposes of a business, and the parties agree that the conditions, warranties and guarantees set out in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply and are excluded from this Agreement.
9. VISTA'S WARRANTIES
- VISTA warrants to the USER that the Software will perform in substantial conformance with the applicable User Manual for the Software.
- VISTA warrants to the USER that the Software does not and will not infringe any copyright or trade secret of any third party arising under law. VISTA's sole obligations in the event of breach of the warranty set out in this clause 9(b) are those specified in this clause. VISTA hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the USER from costs, expenses, losses, damages, judgments (including reasonable attorneys and accounting fees) arising out of any breach or alleged breach of the warranty in this clause 9(b) to the limit of the liability established in clause 10; PROVIDED THAT the USER has notified VISTA in writing as soon as practicable of any such infringement, suspected infringement or alleged infringement and cooperates with VISTA in the defense of such claim. VISTA shall have the right to control the defense or settlement of any such claim. If in VISTA's determination the USER's use of the Software is or is likely to be enjoined by any action or proceeding, VISTA shall have the right, at its expense, to:
- obtain the right for USER to continue to use the Software as contemplated hereunder; and/or
- modify the Software to avoid any infringement/violation of the rights of third parties as set out in the first sentence of this clause 9(b); and/or
- create/procure for the USER the right to use a substitute for such portions of the Software that avoid any such actual or alleged infringement/violation.
Upon VISTA's making any such remedy(ies) available to the USER, such remedy(ies) shall be in lieu of VISTA's indemnity obligation set forth in the third sentence of this clause 9(b). Notwithstanding and without limiting the foregoing provisions of this clause 9(b), VISTA shall not be obligated to indemnify the USER to the extent such infringement, suspected infringement or alleged infringement arises from:
- use of the Software in a combination by any means and in any form with computer Software and/or systems, including, but not limited to hardware, not specifically approved or recommended by VISTA, if such claim would not have occurred but for such combination;
- use of the Software for a purpose not authorized by VISTA or under this Agreement; or
- modification/alteration of the Software without prior consent in writing of VISTA, if such claim would not have occurred but for such modification/alteration.
- Except for the express warranties made in this Agreement or any other agreement made in writing between the parties, VISTA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE OR SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE AND ANY WARRANTIES OTHERWISE IMPLIED BY THE COMMON LAW OR STATUTE OR ARISING OUT OF CUSTOM OR COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF OR IN THE TRADE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXCLUDED FROM THIS AGREEMENT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, VISTA DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR COVENANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET ANY REQUIREMENTS OR NEEDS OF THE USER, OR THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE, OR IN AN UNINTERRUPTED FASHION, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SOFTWARE IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR PLATFORM.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The USER agrees that VISTA's cumulative liability for damages under or in connection with this Agreement, regardless of the form of action, is limited to the fees paid by the USER to VISTA in the 12 months preceding the warranty/claim event. IN NO EVENT SHALL VISTA BE LIABLE (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTION FOR NEGLIGENCE) FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA OR RECORDS, LOST PROFITS OR OTHER ECONOMIC LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR ANY OBLIGATION OF CONFIDENTIALITY, EVEN IF VISTA HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF, OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN, SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. The USER acknowledges and agrees that the amount of the fees payable under this Agreement is related to the foregoing limitations on VISTA's liability and that the fees would be greater if VISTA's liability were not so limited.
- VISTA will have no liability to the USER in respect of any use of the Software or the Services in combination by any means and in any form with computer programs, systems and or operating systems not specifically approved or recommended by VISTA.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- As between the parties, all copyrights and all other intellectual property rights in or related to the Software, Documentation and the services provided by or on behalf of VISTA shall remain at all times the property of VISTA and/or its licensors and the USER shall acquire no rights in any of the foregoing except as expressly provided in this Agreement. The USER agrees that it will not, and will not permit others to, use, copy, reproduce, display, deploy, perform, distribute, transmit, make available, create derivative works of the Software or Documentation or, except only to the extent expressly permitted at law, to decompile or reverse engineer any of the Software or other software code provided by or on behalf of VISTA.
- Title to, and all intellectual property rights in, the data stored by the Software remains with the USER (“Data”). However access to the Data is contingent on having a current license and all MLF's and other fees being paid in full and on time.
- USER grants (or will procure that its relevant licensor grants) to VISTA a non-exclusive royalty free worldwide irrevocable license to access, collect, compile and use the Data for VISTA's (and its customers') own purposes (including for providing market research and modelling services to VISTA's customers) provided that such Data excludes any personally identifying data (i.e. name, phone number, email address etc.) or, subject to clause 11(d) below, information that identifies the USER, cinema or business of the USER and therefore has been anonymized (the "Anonymous Data").
- USER further grants (or will procure that its relevant licensor grants) to VISTA a non-exclusive royalty free worldwide license for VISTA (or its affiliates) to access, collect, compile, distribute and use showtime data and to distribute the USER’s ticketing links for VISTA’s (and its affiliates’ or their customers’) own purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, USER agrees that such showtime data may include information that identifies the USER, cinema or business of the USER but excludes any personally identifying data, sales data or financial information. USER may revoke such license by providing written notice to VISTA at any time.
12. SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- The USER will be solely responsible for the use, supervision, management and control of the Software and Documentation. The USER will ensure that the Software is protected at all times from access, use or misuse, damage or destruction by any person not authorized by VISTA for that purpose.
- USER must maintain copies of all Data input to the Software. VISTA maintains procedures to prevent data loss, including back-up regimes, but makes no guarantee that there will be no loss of data.
- USER acknowledges that if it enables third party applications for use in conjunction with the Services that VISTA may allow the providers of those third party applications access to USER's Data as required for use of the third party applications. VISTA shall not be responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of USER's Data resulting from such use and/or access by a third party application provider.
13. DATA PROTECTION
- For the purpose of this clause “data controller”, “data processor”, “data subject”, “personal data”, "personal data breach", “processing”, "sub-processor", "supervisory authority" and “appropriate technical and organizational measures” shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Data Protection Legislation. “Data Protection Legislation” means applicable legislation protecting the personal data of natural persons, including the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and, on and from 25 May 2018, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 ("GDPR"), together with binding guidance and codes of practice issued from time to time by relevant supervisory authorities.
- The parties acknowledge and agree that the USER is the data controller in respect of any personal data that VISTA may process in the course of providing the Software (other than business contact data processed by VISTA to allow it to manage USER’s account). The parties acknowledge that New Zealand is a country which the European Commission has officially recognised as ensuring an adequate level of protection for the rights of individuals in connection with the transfer of their personal data outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
- VISTA agrees that it shall:
- only use or handle the data transferred by the USER within the framework of this Agreement and on the instruction of the USER or as otherwise required by applicable laws;
- promptly refer to the USER any requests, notices or other communication from data subjects, the Information Commissioner or any supervisory authority, for the USER to resolve;
- provide such information to the USER as the USER may reasonably require, and within the timescales reasonably specified by the USER, to allow the USER to comply with the rights of data subjects, including subject-access rights, or with notices served by the Information Commissioner or other supervisory authority;
- within 90 days of termination of this Agreement, return to USER or delete all personal data processed under this Agreement;
- implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with VISTA's processing of the personal data; and
- promptly notify USER upon becoming aware of any personal data breach.
- The USER authorises VISTA to appoint third party sub-processors to assist in the management of the Software and the Services.
- The USER hereby specifically consents to VISTA's appointment of Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft") as a sub-processor and to Microsoft's processing of personal data in the USA, such sub-processing to be governed by a written agreement between VISTA and Microsoft which includes EU standard contractual clauses.
- The USER warrants that it:
- owns or has obtained all necessary rights, title and interest in the personal data and all intellectual property rights and other rights contained therein, as well as the consent of any data subjects, necessary for the parties to perform their respective obligations under this Agreement;
- has disclosed to the data subjects in compliance with applicable laws how it will collect, use and disclose personal data; and
- The USER shall indemnify VISTA from and against all reasonable losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable legal expenses) arising out of or in connection with the Exhibitor’s breach of clause 13(f).
- If the USER is required by law to make any deduction or withholding from any amount paid or payable by the USER under this Agreement or VISTA is required by law to make any payment on account of tax (other than tax on the overall net income of VISTA) or otherwise, on or in relation to any amount received or receivable by it under this Agreement then the amount payable by the USER in respect of which such deduction, withholding or payment is required to be made shall be increased to the extent necessary to ensure that, after the making of such deduction, withholding or payment, VISTA receives and retains (free from any liability in respect of any such deduction, withholding or payment) a net amount equal to the amount which VISTA would have received and so retained had no such deduction, withholding or payment been made; and
- GST: The Licence Fees do not include New Zealand goods and services tax ("GST") chargeable in accordance with the Goods & Services Tax Act 1985 ("Act"). In addition to the Licence Fees, the Customer shall pay to Vista the amount of all New Zealand GST chargeable (if any) on any taxable supply by Vista under this Agreement. Any amount payable by the Customer under this clause shall be payable on the date on which the relevant supply is deemed to take place under the Act.
15. TERM AND TERMINATION
- Term - This Agreement shall become effective on the Date of Supply of the Software and shall remain in effect unless and until terminated pursuant to the terms hereof.
- VISTA may terminate this Agreement and the USER’s rights to use the Software if the USER fails to pay any fees payable by the USER to VISTA under this Agreement on the due date.
- VISTA may reinstate this Agreement and the USER’s rights to use the Software pursuant to this Agreement if payment is made by the USER within 30 days of the due date.
- If payment is not made within 30 days of the due date VISTA may terminate this Agreement.
- VISTA, in addition to all other rights and remedies it may have under this Agreement or at law or equity, shall have the right to terminate this Agreement and all license rights granted to the USER hereunder by notice in writing to the USER if:
- The USER breaches any material term of this Agreement; or
- The USER becomes insolvent or bankrupt, or enters into liquidation or receivership or any analogous administration under the law of any jurisdiction, whether compulsory or voluntary; or
- The USER is acquired by, merges with or becomes controlled by or affiliated with a competitor of VISTA.
- The USER may terminate this Agreement and its right to use the Software, with or without cause, at any time with 30 days prior written notice to VISTA.
- Immediately upon any termination of the USER's rights to use the Software, the USER shall discontinue use of Software, return all copies of the Software and Documentation and delete all copies of the Software from the USER's computers and CPUs and certify to VISTA that is has done so. Any clauses which by their nature should survive the termination of this Agreement shall survive any such termination.
- On the termination of this Agreement for any reason, VISTA's royalty free license to access, collect, compile and use the Anonymous Data collected during the term of this Agreement for VISTA (and its customers') own purposes as specified in clause 11(c) shall survive termination.
- VISTA may terminate this Agreement and the USER’s rights to use the Software if the USER fails to pay any fees payable by the USER to VISTA under this Agreement on the due date.
- The parties undertake to use all reasonable efforts in good faith to resolve any dispute which arises between them in connection with this Agreement. This provides for a form of alternative dispute resolution and is not a reference to arbitration.
- A party will, as soon as reasonably practicable, give the other party notice of any dispute in connection with this Agreement.
- Any dispute will be referred initially to a designated representative of VISTA and the designated representative of the USER, who will endeavour to resolve the dispute within 10 days of the giving of the notice; and if the dispute is not resolved within the 10 days, to the Chief Executive of the USER and the Chief Executive of VISTA who will endeavour to resolve the dispute within a further 10 days.
- If, following the dispute resolution procedures set out in (a) to (c) above, the parties fail to resolve the dispute then the parties will try to settle their dispute by mediation before resorting to litigation. Either party may initiate mediation by giving written notice to the other party. The mediator shall be agreed by the parties but if the parties cannot agree on one within 5 days after the mediation has been initiated, then the mediator shall be selected by the President of LEADR Inc. (Lawyers Engaged in Alternative Dispute Resolution) or its successor.
- No formal proceedings for the judicial resolution of any dispute between the parties may be commenced until a dispute has proceeded through the dispute resolution processes set out in (a) to (d) above; PROVIDED THAT, with respect to any claim by VISTA of actual or alleged infringement of any confidentiality or intellectual property right of, or licensed to, VISTA, VISTA, in its sole discretion, may at any time seek judicial resolution with or without resorting to the dispute resolution and mediation processes set out in (a) to (d) above; and
- All dispute resolution procedures shall be held in Auckland, New Zealand, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- No waiver of any breach of any provisions of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of a prior, concurrent or subsequent breach of the same or any other provision hereof, and no waiver shall be effective unless made in writing.
- VISTA intends that the Services will be available to the fullest extent possible. There will be occasions that the Services may be unavailable to allow for maintenance or development activities to take place. VISTA will endeavor to publish in advance to USER when such activity will take place when VISTA considers that the non-availability will be longer than normally expected.
- This Agreement contains the entire agreement between VISTA and USER with respect to the subject matter hereof, including, but not limited to, the licensing of the Software and provision of the support and maintenance specified in clause 6.
- This Agreement shall be interpreted without reference to its headings (which are included for convenience only).
- This Agreement shall be governed by New Zealand law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand in respect of any dispute or proceeding arising out of this Agreement.
- This Agreement does not make either party the employee, agent or legal representative of the other for any purpose whatsoever. Neither party is granted any right or authority to assume or to create any obligation or responsibility, express or implied, on behalf of or in the name of the other party. Each party is acting as an independent contractor.
- Whenever possible, each provision of this Agreement will be interpreted in such manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law, but if any provision of this Agreement is held to be prohibited by or invalid under applicable law, such provision will be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity, without invalidating the remainder of such provision or the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
- The USER must not assign, transfer or grant a security interest in its rights under this Agreement except if approved in writing by VISTA.
- All notices shall be in writing and delivered personally (including by recognised overnight courier) or properly mailed, registered first class mail, postage prepaid to the parties set out at the beginning of this Agreement.
- VISTA has a responsibility to maintain version of the Software that are PA-DSS compliant and will ensure that its operations and processes satisfy PA-DSS compliance requirements. VISTA shall on request by the USER provide links to the reporting website showing VISTA’s level of accreditation under the PA-DSS standards. VISTA acknowledges that it has a responsibility to the USER to ensure that its services and products will not affect the USER’s ability to be compliant with the Payment Card Industry standards for merchants.
- Because of the unique and trade secret nature of VISTA's confidential information, Vista's intellectual property rights and the valuable proprietary interest of VISTA in the same, it is understood and agreed by the parties that VISTA's remedies at law may be inadequate and that VISTA shall be entitled to apply for and obtain injunctive and other equitable relief, in addition to all remedies available to it at law, in equity or here under without the necessity of the posting of a bond, in any court of competent jurisdiction to restrain the breach or threatened breach of, or otherwise to specifically enforce, any of the terms of this Agreement.